Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Best Summer Ever: Touring Nafplio in the Peloponese


Today I bring you another experience from my #bestsummerever list that #MalibuUK is kindly helping me achieve! 
When you go to an Epidavros play you must decide how you want to "play" it. You have to decide if you want to go back to Athens after the theatre or stay at a nearby town and thus spend the weekend away. My recommendation is the later. There are beautiful towns around Epidavros where you can spend the night and enjoy a fabulous summer weekend, lots of beaches too! We stayed at Nafplio, which is a 20 minute drive away. I had never been and was excited as it is supposed to be one of the prettiest towns in the Peloponese. There is a big town square where you can seat and enjoy a coffee under the shade of the trees or walk along the small and colourful streets where you can indulge in a bit of shopping. 

The hotel I chose was the Kyveli Suites, a small very well located hotel with 5 super well appointed rooms. I can't recommend it enough! After the play we drove to Ligourio where there is  the oldest taverna in the area and where all the actors and staff go after their show. It's called Leonidas and there is a nice back patio and the food is delicious as is the service in this family run full of art history eatery. Don't go if you don't book beforehand!


Disclaimer: This post has been written in collaboration with #MalibuUK. All opinions my own. Thank you to the brands who support A Diary of Lovely. Make sure you check out about the Malibu Best Summer Ever Project here. 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely amazig photos! they would remind me the feelings of summer even in the middle of the winter!

    www.bonjourchiara.com

    Bonjourchiara
    Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover