Monday, August 25, 2014

Best Summer Ever: Snapshots from Sifnos - Part II


This second post about Sifnos in Greece is not going to be about telling you how gorgeous it is, I already did that in my first post. Today, in collaboration with #thebestsummerever Malibu project,  I want to share a few of my places to visit. There are many other great places of course but here go my recommendations if you happen to visit, you should!

***Swim***

Sifnos has some beautiful beaches (but not the most amazing in Greece, I must say it as a disclaimer as I think it's only fair!). Nonetheless, for me, it is one of the most gorgeous Cycladic islands.

Platys Gialos
Great place to stay if you want to be right on the beach, which is what I wanted this time. Sandy long beach, great for couples and families.

Chrysopigi 
Not the beach near the Church but the plates/slabs behind it. The clearer waters in the island, I'm super scared of rocks and this kind of swimming but loved it there!


Vroulidia
Now, this isn't the easiest beach to reach in the island but is is quite pretty and calm. It's in the north side of the island, you need a car to get there and the road isn't the very best. I recommend going in the morning to grab a good spot for the car!


Vathi
Another long and sandy beach. While it is one of the most visited beaches I thought it was a bit complicated getting to the actual place to sunbathe and swim, but you should visit anyway. 

***Eat and drink***

Rambagas
In Apollonia, I blogged about it here, lovely place all day long.

Mamma Mia
There are two of these italian restaurants. One in Platys Gialos, at one end of the beach, the other in Apollonia on the way to Artemonas. Fantastic pizza.

Perivoli
In Artemonas, only for dinner, in a little hidden street. Very nice setting in a patio, perivoli means vegetable garden in Greek. Local food very well prepared. 

Depastas
At Vroulidia beach. Try the sundried octopus. Simple well made food.


To Steki
At the end of Platys Gialos, a few feet away Mamma Mia, this is a busy little taverna with nice food. I loved their local mizithra (a type of fresh white cheese).

***Visit***

Chrysopigi
The most beautiful church ever, overlooking the sea, stunning inside and outside. The views are breathtaking.


Apollonia - Artemonas
In the morning and in the evening. Very different but just as beautiful.


Disclaimer: This post has been written in collaboration with Malibu. All opinions my own. Thank you to the brands who support A Diary of Lovely. Make sure you check out about the Malibu Best Summer Ever Project here. 

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover