Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Recipe: Red Pesto



Making pesto is super simple. You need a good food processor I'll give you that and I don't have one at this time so the process became a bit more difficult but still, this is an easy thing to make at home. I had made some time ago the classic green pesto, it's lovely with pasta of course but also really great to spread on sandwiches, I had never thought about red pesto but I came across it on Pinterest and got to it. I looked at many recipes, the main ingredient are sun dried tomatoes, some recipes call for peppers, chilly, ripe tomatoes, some use pine nuts or other nuts and some basil leaves. Check out my own recipe.


Ingredients

1 cup sun dried tomatoes (drained)
1 clove of garlic
a handful leaves of basil
1 tbsp pine nuts
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Instructions

In a food processor place your drained tomatoes (worth cutting them in quarters), garlic, basil, pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil and salt and pepper and pulse until all is well mixed. Place in a jar and put in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. Will be fabulous with pasta or over chicken.

4 comments:

  1. I bet this tastes amazing smeared on some toasted french bread. I personally don't like traditional green pesto (it makes me think of boogers...lol) but I LOVE sun dried tomatoes. I will definitely be trying this. Thanks for posting this.

    XOXO,
    Erin
    thevaughnlife.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin definitely give this a go, it's truly delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you do without a food processor? Just a crazy amount of chopping, or did you try it in a blender?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali Jane! I chopped all the ingredients (tomatoes, garlic and the leaves) and used a hand held blender (moulinex/braun type). A food processor would have been amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover