Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Eat in Barcelona: Balthazar


Barcelona has many lovely places to eat, many different types of restaurants and I would like to show you some when possible. It's not always easy to carry my camera with me and take it out to take pictures, it's rather obtrusive I find but whenever I can I will and I will share it with you here. I know Barcelona is a well loved city and lots of you visit from time to time so a mini guide might be useful.

First of is Balthazar on 189 Rosello St in the heart of the Right Ancient Eixample, just a few blocks off Rambla Catalunya and Diagonal Avenue. You can find it easily (Map) from either Diagonal tube station or Provença Ferrocarrils station. At Balthazar you can enjoy Mediterranean cuisine in a moody but super comfortable ambience, with dark walls and furniture and large windows that allow the mediterranean light to flow in. I love the elegant yet relaxed ambience of the restaurant which allows for either a fun evening dinner with friends, a romantic soiree with your loved one or a business meeting all in the same place. 


My mom and I visited Bathazar last Sunday for lunch and while the big space was almost full capacity we were served on time and gracefully. We order an apple milfeuille with foie as a first starter to share which was sweet and salty, a subtle combination of flavours, then I had a king prawns salad with guacamole and a lovely nutty vinaigrette and mom had a creamy fideua (remember I shared the recipe last summer?). As mains each of us had a steak with frites, simple yet filling and always delicious.


Desert was a delicious typical sugar Crema Catalan (which is like a Creme Brulée technically) and my mom got the Pear Crumble with cream that looked lovely too.
The restaurant also has a very appealing little outdoor area where I imagine you can dine and wine when the weather is better and that will be very very soon here in this lovely blessed city.


The outside patio


and a cheeky couple of selfless -one blurred thank you very much mom- just to say hello!!



Shop the Post



We were guests of Balthazar but all opinions and writings are my own. 

4 comments:

  1. That's an amazing post. The interior designing, decoration and furniture is simply awesome. What I most enjoyed in the post is the lightnings that have putted the accommodation in beautiful lights and the lovely food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food looks delicious. I love the atmosphere too. Love that you and Mom are so close! I hope to visit Barcelona one day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lovely lunch Debby! I'm very lucky to have a mom like mine :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWWW this post is SO beautiful :) I hope everything is great with you.

    Check out my new post..Bohemian vintage decor

    I wish you a sunny week dear :)

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read A Diary of Lovely. I hope you will be coming again soon.

Pin It button on image hover